»

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Christmas Tree Hunt

I have fond memories of going to the Christmas tree farm with my parents and sisters to cut down our family Christmas tree. We would sing carols, get cold, drink hot chocolate, finally decide on a tree, hack it down and then carry it back to get netted and tied to the car. We'd get sap on our hands and get excited about decorating the tree with our collections of ornaments from years past.
This year I told Todd we were not going to Home Depot for a tree. I wanted something more special. The problem was, we had no time to go to a farm. We had just gotten home from vacation. We needed a tree to be decorated that same night for a ward party at our home the next day. I thought the perfect compromise would be Cosley Zoo.


We had a great time looking at the animals and seeing the lights. There were rows and rows of lovely trees.

The only problem: They were all too small.

So guess where we ended up?
HOME DEPOT!
And we did get it decorated that night!

2 comments:

Michelle Campbell said...

How fun! You are such a fun mom. Ok, I gotta say though, April... I'm beginning to forget what you look like!! haha. It's kinda sad that you are not in any of these christmas pics with your family though. Where are you??!! Really girl, I know what you said about liking to be behind the camera, but in the words of Clint's mission president (who we got to see from Scotland a couple years ago) "when you send me correspondance and pictures, please send me pictures of you too. I love seeing the little ones, but I would rather see you" haha. I miss you and I want to see you interacting with your family at all these fun places!! You guys really go to amazing places. Can I be your kid? :) Ok, I'm done ranting. I love ya girl and I miss you, and really I haven't SEEN you in Years! ;0)... if you don't want to post it on here then email me a few secret pics haha... ewsoup@aol.com.

Michelle Campbell said...

Yay, I looked back at your blog and saw you! I'm so happy. You look absolutely gorgeous (as usual). And WOW, that Galapagos trip you took was incredible. My family could probably live at Iguana Park. That is eye popping. What an adventure you were able to go on. I'm completely jealous, but maybe one day. :) For now, I will live my life vicariously through you. :)