»

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Quito and Otavallo, Ecuador

The Winged Virgin of Quito

Quito is an approachable city with warm and open people. I loved the cathedral that features animals like anteaters and llamas instead of gargoyles. The kids out selling candy and things made me a little sad as I thought of my own kids. I wouldn't want them hitting the streets alone.










On a whim we decided to drive out to Otavallo to shop at the handicrafts market there. They had the best quality and prices of all the places we went on our trip.
What a great day. We saw a lot of scenery, neighborhoods and tried a lot of new foods that we could not have done without this trip to Otavallo.


Mitad del Mundo.
The middle of the world.
Eating Cuy.
Yes, Guinea Pig tastes just like you think it would.

No comments: