»

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome Home: Glen Ellyn, IL

I hope everyone reading my new blog will take the time to flip through my road trip posts. (I meant to post as we were going, but never had the time to do it.) Just click on the archives to the right starting with May, then June and July. That is the fastest way to get through all the excitement.
I want to hear if you have visited the same places or plan to some day, so make sure to comment!

The kids had great attitudes the entire trip, even without the DVD player that I forgot to buy. (I thought we would be stopping off at a Walmart for that one!) They were fun and adventurous and happy wherever we were.
Madeline's highlights were the Redwoods and Arches and Mount Rushmore.
Maxwell's highlights were Great Wolf Lodge and Custer State Park's Wildlife Loop.
Todd's highlights were Humboldt National and State Park and his Mom's house.
My favorite's were the Redwoods, Bryce Canyon and the Biggest Ball of Twine.

Their backpacks got heavier and heavier as the trip went on. Here they are now, covered in badges and memories.

So now we are home. I am so excited to sleep in my own bed and have a clean toilet and shower at my disposal. And I almost forgot about the washer and dryer and other clothes. (I have been wearing the same sweatshirt and jeans rotation for far too long.)
We are worn out. We definitely need some pajama days.
You know, the days when they take a bath and then put on clean pajamas and just wear them all day?
Love those days.

5 comments:

Erika said...

I've always dreamed of taking a long road trip!! What an adventure for your family. I'm sure you made so many good memories that you'll never forget. I love your new blog--blogger is easier for me too. That must have been hard having Maddie in the hospital so long, but I'm glad to hear she's doing better. Good to hear from you April!!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

Thanks for the email! I actually emailed Cari like 2 days ago asking if she had your blog address, so I had fun looking at your old entries. I'm looking forward to looking through your travel entries and seeing all your fun!

The Girly Girls said...

Found you new blog! Sounds like you had an awesome summer!

Denae said...

You guys are so adventurous! What great memories for your kids to look back on.