»

Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Great S'mores Roast-Off

When I heard we were all going to be camping together in the Redwoods for a family reunion, I had a brilliant idea.  Why not have a S'mores Roast-Off?  Everyone comes with  a different recipe for an unusual S'more.  I could, of course, taste-test them all and decide on a winner.  
My plan worked brilliantly.  My mom, sisters, nieces and nephews had lots of yummy ideas.  We had lots of melty goodness going on, but my sister Gena was the S'more Supreme winner.
You can see her above, in competitive mode.

The winning recipe:
Chocolate Graham Crackers
Andes Mints
Regular Marshmallows  

You know you want one!












Max loved using the Super Spin-Mallow that doubles as a flashlight.  He prefers the Classic S'more.
Maddie and Paige re-creating the winning recipe.












Maddie loves roasting marshmallows, but is not a fan of the smell of an open fire.  (Sad, right?)  She loved Aunt Gena's prize-winning recipe.
Mmmmmm.
Now I want to hear about any good S'more ideas you guys have.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

My favorite's the classic with a twist. I like to get chocolate frosting and coat the graham crackers, then put on the Hersheys and marshamellows. Did you know I'm a chocolate freak?