»

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Now where are we going, Mom?


As soon as we got into the car for the long haul home, the kids started chatting about where we were going next. I told them, "Nowhere. We are heading home." Max handed Maddie his note pad. "Maddie. Write down this list for me. O.K. When we get home, we are going on my road trip. And everybody has to follow my plan for our next road trip." Maddie dutifully wrote down his itinerary as follows:

1. Great Wolf Lodge
2. Cousin Paige's house for 2 months
3. Utah Grandma's house
4. India
5. Africa for a Safari
6. Hawaii
7. The Rainforest
8. Space
9. California Grandma's house
10. Great Wolf Lodge

After his list was complete, he read it to us. I said, "Max, that sounds fun. I'm up for it."

Todd quickly chimed in. "But Max, you have to be older to go to India." Max was shocked. "What? Older? What do you mean? How much older do I have to be?" I think Todd decided on 16. He explained that you have to be bigger and tougher to be able to handle the heat and the germs that other countries can have. Surprisingly, Max accepted this and he and Maddie started thinking of other things we could do for the rest of the summer.

I have a few ideas of my own. I want to visit Madeline Island, one of the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior. I want to visit our friends the Katzoff's in Saint Louis. I want to go to Springfield and the Illinois State Fair. I want to do a million things. But first... I want to rest and make sure Maddie is healthy. She has developed a cough on this trip that has me worried.

Homeward Bound!

No comments: